Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
Careteam+ Family Health & Specialty Care is a growing medical practice located in Conway, SC. Our expansive facility offers state of the art medical equipment, onsite laboratory, and dedicated treatment and procedure rooms. Our professional healthcare providers are dedicated to patient-centered care and using their skills to improve lives through positive healthcare management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by recording patient information; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient medical history summary. Performing venipuncture per physician order.
- Completing lab and medication requests per physician order.
- Ensure medical visit insurance pre-authorizations are performed prior to medical visit, with co pays collected.
- Ensure medical visits are conducted per agency protocols.
- Completing and safeguarding medical records
- Performs physician’s orders and directives within scope of practice.
- Maintain adequate clinical supply through inventorying stock and verifying receipt of shipments
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Minimum of 1 year of medical assistant experience (in addition to an externship)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by American Association of Medical Assistants
- Phlebotomy/venipuncture and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience required
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Bi-Lingual a plus
- EEO/AA Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Certified Medical Assistant: 1 year
Medical Case Manager
Careteam+ Family Health & Specialty Care is a growing medical practice located in Conway, SC. Our expansive facility offers state of the art medical equipment, onsite laboratory, and dedicated treatment and procedure rooms. We have Primary care, Pediatrics and Specialty care. Our professional healthcare providers are dedicated to patient-centered care and using their skills to improve lives through positive healthcare management. Careteam Plus offers a competitive salary and benefits package for our employees.
A Bachelors In Social Work is required
Medical Case Management Job Purpose
The Medical Case Manager is responsible for conducting a comprehensive assessment of client needs and goals, development of a service plan to meet client needs/goals, and ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the service plan’s effectiveness. Duties also include client advocacy and referrals to other service providers to assist clients in meeting their goals. The Medical Case manager will ensure that services are delivered in accordance with the SC Ryan White Part B Case Management program.
Medical Case Management serves as a means for ensuring that individuals who are HIV positive have access to medical care, treatment, and medications. Medical case managers also work with clients’ to achieve wellness and autonomy through advocacy, communication, education, identification of service resources and service facilitation.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Bachelor of Social Work Degree required. Bilingual proficiency (English and Spanish) a plus. Understanding of highly confidential service provision and Code of Ethics (National Association of Social Workers
Careteam Plus Primary and Specialty Care is an NHSC Approved Site.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required license or certification: LBSW